- Meet Cheng Yu, a master Pipa player, and learn about the cultural context, instrumentation and unique characteristics of this rich genre
- Follow tutorial videos to explore virtual Chinese instruments and develop their musicianship in line with the National Curriculum
- Play, improvise and arrange a traditional lullaby using the Garageband pipa and erhu instruments.
- Use Garageband’s Chinese loops as a stimulus to create a piece of creative writing and a programmatic composition.
- Create and perform a whole class percussion piece to accompany a Chinese Lion Dance
- Publish two completed compositions on the internet to share with their friends and family.
Teachers are provided with…
- Four complete lesson plans, including learning outcomes, warm-ups and plenary sessions.
- Accompanying videos, minimising planning and preparation and offering a genuinely immersive experience for their pupils.
- A full teaching guide with information on the cultural background of the music.
- Length: 4 x 60-75 minute sessions
- Age group: 9 – 14
- Suitable for specialist and non-specialist music teachers.